Flexible barriers are special devices that are used to protect specific areas from danger and accidents. Their primary function is to protect people and vehicles from collisions. Flexible barriers are constructed of flexible materials that allow them to absorb kinetic energy during impact.
Where to use flexible barriers?
Flexible barriers are used in various types of places, primarily where there is a risk of accidents. One of the most common places where barriers are used are industrial halls, production halls and logistics warehouses. Flexible barriers are also used in parking lots, in front of industrial facilities, gas stations, shopping malls, airports and many other places where accidents can occur. Flexible barriers provide protection for workers from the impact of vehicles and carts, while allowing them free access to passageways.
Advantages and disadvantages of flexible barriers
Flexible barriers have many advantages that make them popular and effective. One of the most important advantages is their flexibility, which allows them to safely stop vehicles and prevent serious accidents and damage. Thanks to their flexibility, barriers are able to minimize the consequences of an accident, which can be important in situations where every second counts. The barriers are also easy to assemble and disassemble, which makes it possible to move them quickly from one place to another and easily expand the structure with additional modules. A very important aspect is also the lack of maintenance and shock absorption of the impact by which they do not need to be repaired or replaced after each impact as with their steel counterparts.
The disadvantage of flexible barriers is that they are relatively expensive compared to other protective solutions. However, it is worth taking into account that with their longer service life, with no need for repairs and maintenance, their total cost is lower.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs) about flexible barriers
- Are flexible barriers safe? Yes, flexible barriers are designed and tested to ensure maximum safety in the event of an impact. Their flexibility allows them to reduce the forces acting on the vehicle, which minimizes the effects of an accident.
- Are flexible barriers effective in protecting halls and warehouses? Flexible barriers, are usually made of plastic and are used to protect against impacts and accidents caused by the movement of vehicles, forklifts and other mechanical equipment. They can also be used to separate areas of a warehouse or as protection for machinery and infrastructure.
- Are flexible barriers difficult to install? The installation of a flexible barrier requires specialized knowledge and experience, but in most cases does not cause major difficulties. Thanks to easy installation, barrier configurations can be easily changed and the structure can be gradually increased.
- Are the flexible barriers available in different sizes and colors? Yes, flexible barriers are available in a variety of sizes and colors to suit different needs and requirements. The range of flexible barriers is made up of different solutions from curbs to high barriers to protect the upper parts of the warehouse infrastructure.
- What are the costs of maintaining a flexible barrier? Maintenance costs for the flexible barrier are relatively low. Thanks to the lack of maintenance, painting and repairs after each impact, there is no need for large financial outlays.
Flexible barriers are an effective protective solution that are used in many places where protection against unwanted entry or access is required. Thanks to their flexibility, these barriers are able to minimize the consequences of an accident, which can be important in situations where every second counts. The disadvantage of flexible barriers is their relatively high price compared to other protective solutions, but maintenance costs are relatively low. It is worth noting that flexible barriers are available in a variety of sizes and colors, allowing them to be tailored to different needs and requirements.